Monday, September 23, 2013


"Dauntless" is off the market. 


I received a full price offer on her this week. Yes, full price...and no....she is not leaving. I couldn't do it. We looked seriously at acquiring a larger boat to keep at the coast. The costs of doing so would have been marginal for us....to get a boat we wanted we were going to have to go with a fixer upper (which was fine).... but slip costs were much more than I priced out a year ago. The slip prices caught me off-guard and were the final determining factor that we shouldn't make the move. I felt very bad rejecting the offer, however, if we're gonna stay in a trailerable boat, there is no other boat that I really can see myself in. Dauntless fits my particular style of sailing, and I have spent years upgrading her to how I want her. I cannot imagine starting over now. I was in the process of taking her off the market when the offer came in from out of the blue. There was a last minute temptation to let her go and take the money.....but I just could not do it....knowing I would regret it in the months and years to come. 

I guess we have a few more memories yet to make. 

I've allowed the ad on Trailer Sailor to expire and just removed the ad from Sailing Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment