Tuesday, September 24, 2013


                         Let's get a little Controversial!  :-)

a lemming I'm not.




Seriously???


OK my cynical side coming out here.

The almighty Dollar is a powerful thing.... too powerful. 

Up until last week....Team Oracle could not pull a good performance out of their a$$ to save their lives. Suddenly the America's Cup is about be over....and with it the money generating machine that funds it.....and wham bam!...SUDDENLY we have a nearly unbeatable Team Oracle.....that just so happens to stretch the Cup battle out......and sustains the funding. hmmmmmm Coincidence?....just good seamanship after weeks of getting beat?... or????? 

I have made my own judgement....and I have nothing to base it on except that comebacks like that are a little hard to accept and this gang is playing in $$$ that no one this board can even imagine. For me...this smacks of "something is wrong with this picture" and makes me just that much less of an America's Cup fan. If Team Oracle truly had this capacity from day 1 ...and failed to execute it.....based on the fact that all these gentleman are "professionals" and paid generously to play in this Formula 1 of fragile ungainly watercraft....someone should be fired for non-performance. I now have serious doubts about Team New Zealand's "near capsize" last week..... 

Wonder if they took racing lessons from Nascar's NAPA Team. Make no mistake...this is no beer can race...it's a business...and closing the business' doors way early cuts deep into the bottom line. 

If it walks like a duck......

Too bad... I used to be a huge fan of America's Cup .... no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment